Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Trailer Tuesday: The Killing Woods by Lucy Christopher

In my experience with middle schoolers, there's no better way to get teens excited about a book than a well-crafted and enthusiastic book talk and a really awesome book trailer.  On Tuesdays I like to highlight some of my favorite book trailers.

Lucy Christopher's newest gripping suspense title, The Killing Woods released back on January 7th, but I was way too preoccupied with BFYA committee work to give it any attention.  I still haven't yet had a chance to read it, but everything I hear about it is awesome.  It's just waiting atop my TBR pile, thanks to an ARC I received from the publisher at ALA Midwinter.  And once you watch this trailer, something tells me it just might jump to the top of your TBR pile as well.

The Killing Woods by Lucy Christopher






From the publisher:
Fatal attraction, primal fear, survival in the forest: From the author of the Printz Honor Book STOLEN, the highly anticipated thriller about deadly games played in the dark. Ashlee Parker is dead, and Emily Shepherd's dad is accused of the crime. A former soldier suffering from PTSD, he emerges from the woods carrying the girl's broken body. "Gone," he says, then retreats into silence. What really happened that wild night? Emily knows in her bones that her father is innocent -- isn't he? Before he's convicted, she's got to find out the truth. Does Damon Hilary, Ashlee's charismatic boyfriend, have the answers? Or is he only playing games with her -- the kinds of games that can kill?

The LibrariYAn is an Amazon Associate. If you click from links on this blog to Amazon and buy something (anything!), I receive a small percentage of the purchase price.

No comments:

Post a Comment