Sunday, January 4, 2009

Review in Two: Graceling by Kristin Cashore

Graced with an amazing ability, would you use it for good or ill? Set in a fantasy world, Graceling follows the journey of graced killer Katsa as she struggles to control her destiny, do what is just and write her own rules in love and life.

P.S. I really enjoyed this book and couldn't put it down, which surprises me because I don't tend to like books with maps in the endpapers. Good job, Ms. Cashore, you've won me over. I still heart The Hunger Games more, but you're a strong second, and you've only just begun!

P.P.S. Graceling has been short-listed for this year's debut of the Morris Award, recognizing YA novels by debut authors (more on that later), and is topping many reader's lists.

P.P.P.S. The cover shown or this post is the Australian one, which is darker and more badass (and subsequently, in my humble opinion, cooler) than the American one, shown in the last post.

No comments:

Post a Comment