Monday, April 20, 2009

Boys and Girls Action! Action! Action!

Finally, the wait is over. For years, it was an empty promise, but today it has become a reality. MTV is releasing the entire series of the sketch comedy show The State on DVD.

Back in high school, this was my favorite television show. I was one of the few people to own copies of the book State by State With the State and the Skits and Stickers VHS - both of which, sadly, my sister* lost and never returned after borrowing. I taped their CBS Halloween special, but it was eaten by a friend's* VCR. When I ran into Michael Showalter* and his mom at a Barnes & Noble in Princeton, he promised me that his friend Raph would send me a tape of all the episodes, but that never materialized.

All of my State-i-ness is gone. July 14th can't get here soon enough.

If you somehow missed The State, this trailer should set the tone...




My never ending thanks to Best Week Ever for notifying me of the scheduled DVD release, and making this truly one of the Best Week's EVER!

* Don't any of you think I've forgotten. Oh no. No. No. No.

1 comment:

  1. You know this is gonna turn out to be a prank. I'm just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete