Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Octavian Ain't Got Nothing on These Games

It's the final countdown! (cue 80s action movie montage featuring books training for competition, clad in headbands and sweats, running, working the speed bag, etc. - you know the drill)

Wednesday's match-up decides the winner of SLJ's Battle of the Books, and judge Lois Lowry better not screw it up!

Er, um, what I mean is...I sure hope Lois Lowry gets as sucked into Katniss's story as I did, so that she just can't help but award this suspense-filled novel the prize it deserves.

I'm sure Octavian Nothing is a great book, and I even had it bracketed to make it this far into the competition, but it's time for Octavian to get on the boat and head home. No, I haven't read it. I meant to. I checked the first one out of the library (twice, actually!), but just never got around to actually reading it. It'll happen this summer. Promise. I'm sure John Green is disappointed in me, but I lent him my computer last week and I'm going to subscribe to his vlog, so I think we're even.

But that's not even the point. The point is that Katniss and District 12 deserve this win, and I can think of at least two teens who agree.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Alicia - you might check out my review:

    http://www.insearchofgiants.com/2009/04/astonishing-life-of-octavian-nothing.html

    AND WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU LENT JOHN GREEN YOUR COMPUTER???

    ReplyDelete