Sunday, June 5, 2011

48 24 Hour Book Challenge

This weekend marks MotherReader's 6th Annual 48 Hour Book Challenge.  We've been a bit pre-occupied with other things here, so I've barely has a chance to even crack open a book since Thursday.  I'd wanted to be a part of the official 48 Hour Book Challenge, but alas it was not to be.  Therefore, I'm creating my own little 24 Hour Book Challenge, starting just as soon as this post goes live!

My first book will be Adam Gidwitz's A Tale Dark and Grimm, which I need to make sure I read before getting in touch with him about a potential school visit.  I've heard only wonderful things about it, so this should be a good one.

Once I finish that, it's on to reading ARCs of newly released and upcoming dystopias!  For the Hunger Games camp I'm leading this summer, I'm planning to spend ~30 minutes at the end of one of the days talking up some HG read-alikes to my book-crazy campers.  They'll be students going into the 6th-9th grades, so I need a variety of options.  Luckily, I know they all love Hunger Games!  On my TBR pile are Divergent, Variant. The Eleventh Plague, Ashes, and Legend.  I'm all ears for additional recommendations!

Time to get reading!  I'll check in with you after I finish A Tale Dark and Grimm.

The LibrariYAn is an Amazon Associate. If you click from links on this blog to Amazon and buy something (anything!), I receive a small percentage of the purchase price.

1 comment:

  1. I just finished Delirium by Lauren Oliver - a good Hunger Games readalike, a very quick read, and an ending that packs a punch!

    ReplyDelete