Thursday, November 15, 2012

Bookish Buys: LibrariYAn's Holiday Wishlist

The holidays are coming!  It's time to make a list and check it twice.  But what to get for the LibrariYAn on your list (or other book lovers, for that matter)? Husbands, parents and friends, please take note.

From the ALA Store:
I love big stickers.  I've already mentally reserved a spot on my sticker wall for this one.
At $2.50, this is a fun stocking stuffer!

Stereotype Alert! But seriously, tea + Dewey = LOVE! $13
Maybe this will stop coworkers from putting blechy coffee in my tea mug.
Dewey mugs also come in "hot chocolate" and "coffee" designs.
Hardbound Special Editions of the Classics:

Books of Wonder edition of Alice
(I have - and love! - their edition of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz)

50th Anniversary Edition of Juster's The Phantom Tollbooth

50th Anniversary Edition of L'Engle's A Wrinkle in Time
10th Anniversary Edition of Sachar's Holes
Schmancy new edition of The Giver
(the entire Giver Quartet got a facelift with the release of Son
40th Anniversary Edition of Hinton's The Outsiders
50th Anniversary Edition of Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird

To feed my Roald Dahl Obsession*:


Limited Edition Matilda Print
(featuring my absolute favorite quote from the book)
This OUT OF STOCK!?! Matilda Mug, which was/is only
available in the UK, anyway, but I love it.
I've been unable to find a source for purchasing this print, but I love it.
Several prints with this quote can be found on the interwebs, I love the giraffes.
Other Bookish Buys:


At $99 I don't actually want anyone to buy these adorable bookends from
Restoration Hardware, but if they were 50% off, then I might just demand them. 
Okay, so Telestrations isn't technically bookish. But I LOVE playing this game with friends.  It's always a hoot (we usually just use scraps of paper and call it "Telephone Pictionary) and having dedicated dry erase boards for each player is sheer genius!  I also kinda want Catchphrase, but I don't want to get greedy.
And that's all she wrote, folks.  I'm sure there are more things that I'm just not thinking of right now, but the list is off to a good start.  What are YOU wishing for this holiday season?

* Said obsession began this summer when I read all of his books in preparation for a visit to the Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre in Great Missenden.  I never read any of his books as a child.  Gasp! I know.  But now I've read them all.  And I LOVE them! I think that unsung Danny, Champion of the World is my favorite, though I have a soft spot for Matilda as well.

The LibrariYAn is an Amazon Associate. If you click from links on this blog to Amazon and buy something (anything!), I receive a small percentage of the purchase price.

No comments:

Post a Comment