Thursday, December 20, 2012

Best of 2012: Library Journal's YA for Adults

I didn't know just how handy these little "Best of 2012" posts would be when I first started doing them, but after putting together two library class visits - one for 7th grade and one for 8th grade - I can't tell you just how thankful I am that all the links were so easy to pull from my posts!

While the Library Journal list of Best Books 2012: Young Adult Literature for Adults won't necessarily be helpful for my students, it's a handy list to share with you all and also with the teaching faculty!

But um, can we talk about the book that is shockingly NOT on the list?  Just when I was no longer shocked to see it included on adult lists, a list comes out and I'm shocked to find it overlooked.  And yeah, this only reinforces that I must get around to reading Paolo Bacigalupi (I haven't gotten to Ship Breaker yet, so clearly I haven't read The Drowned Cities either).  And Seraphina.

Thank goodness school gets out on Thursday at 11:20am (not that I'm counting), and I'll have a solid week and half to read, read, read!

The LibrariYAn is an Amazon Associate. If you click from links on this blog to Amazon and buy something (anything!), I receive a small percentage of the purchase price.

No comments:

Post a Comment