Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Trailer Tuesday: The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

I just finished Maggie Stiefvater's The Raven Boys over the weekend.  I've been reading this book since at least November, picking it up and putting it down, forgetting about it while I zoomed through other books and coming back to it after days and weeks away.  Now that I'm finished...I think I liked it.  I suppose that's not a stunning endorsement (which is partly why I'm not doing a full review), but I will say that I'm definitely interested in reading the sequel.  What I'm not sure about is why I was so on and off about reading it.  The story is well-crafted.  There are surprises and twists and turns.  The characters are distinct and developed fully over the course of the novel.  I guess it just took a while for the pieces to come together and I knew that some things wouldn't be resolved in this book, since it's the first in a series, so that kept me from being fully engaged.  But you should read it! Prep school boys on a quest to find a not-dead-but-not-living king.  A psychic's daughter whose whole family has clairvoyant capabilities, but she doesn't.  A fortelling that brings them together and keeps them apart. Give it a try!

The Raven Boys (Raven Cycle) by Maggie Stiefvater



And ooh! Maggie Stiefvater did the trailer herself! You go girl!



The LibrariYAn is an Amazon Associate. If you click from links on this blog to Amazon and buy something (anything!), I receive a small percentage of the purchase price.

No comments:

Post a Comment