Friday, January 4, 2013

Cybils Shortlists Announced!

Okay, okay.  You got me.  The Cybils shortlists were announced on Tuesday.  It's now Friday.  I'm behind. Apologies.  And I don't have a "Friday Flashback" post coming your way either.  Oops.

I went into my winter break thinking, "This is going to be great! Two weeks away from work and a chance to do a whole bunch of reading and get ahead on blog posts."  And then winter break actually came and I found myself thinking, "I have no desire to do any work.  Even on the blog."  I should maybe have just planned to have taken some time off.  You live and you learn.  I'll be back to my old tricks next week.

But in the meantime, check out the Cybils!  So many good books!  So many that I haven't yet read! No The Fault in Our Stars to be found.  Haha.  But that's one of the cool things about the Cybils.  Because of the criteria (literary quality + appeal), the shortlists always include a bunch of surprises.  I doubt that Andrews' Me, Early and the Dying Girl - despite how much I loved and adored it - will find itself on too many other lists.  Hooray for Cybils for spreading the book love.

The LibrariYAn is an Amazon Associate. If you click from links on this blog to Amazon and buy something (anything!), I receive a small percentage of the purchase price.

No comments:

Post a Comment