Friday, February 1, 2013

Just Like Groundhog Day: Lauren Oliver's Before I Fall

I know, I know, it's February 1st, not February 2nd.  A Groundhog Day post should wait until tomorrow.  Except tomorrow is Saturday, and I don't post on Saturday.  So I'm doing a little Groundhog Day Post today!

No Groundhog Day post would be complete without nn abundance of references to the classic Bill Murray/Andy McDowell film, Groundhog Day.  You know it well, I hope.  Basic plot: Weatherman Phil Connors (Murray) is assigned the dreaded task of reporting on the outcome of Punxsutawney Phil's annual Groundhog Day appearance.  He gets stuck in a time loop and finds himself reliving February 2nd again and again, and takes increasing liberties each day.  Seemingly, nothing he does will get him out of the loop.  Observe:



Interested in a relatively quick and fun read to celebrate Phil (groundhog and character from the movie)?  Get yo'self a copy of Lauren Oliver's Before I Fall!  I've posted about it previously here, so I won't rehash that, but it's a title that'll get you thinking.  As noted previously, there are several heavy topics covered and mature content as well, so it's not for the Liesl & Po set.

The LibrariYAn is an Amazon Associate. If you click from links on this blog to Amazon and buy something (anything!), I receive a small percentage of the purchase price.

No comments:

Post a Comment