Thursday, May 23, 2013

Summer Reads, Makes Me Feel Fine

You might have noticed that I haven't been as active here on LibrariYAn as I had hoped.  And there's a simple reason for that: 50 books.  That's how many books I need to read between now and the ALA Conference on June 27th.  It's also the end of the school year, and though my body is at school, I confess that my mind is sitting on the beach with a good book.

Recent articles about Summer Reading indicate that I'm not the only one with sunshine and relaxation on the mind.  Witness:

USA Today's Top 10 Young Adult Books for Summer 
Summer Reading from the Horn Book (with a downloadable PDF!)
Edutopia's Hitting the Books: Summer Reading Recommends (okay, so this one is for teachers and adults who work with teens)
The New York Times 4th Annual Summer Reading Contest has judges and is gearing up for entries
School Library Journal is hosting the online event Summer Teen 2013

And I'm sure there's more. But that's all I could cobble together for the time being.  Seen any other cool teen summer reading articles, posts or events? Leave 'em in the comments.

The LibrariYAn is an Amazon Associate. If you click from links on this blog to Amazon and buy something (anything!), I receive a small percentage of the purchase price.

No comments:

Post a Comment