Thursday, March 21, 2013

SLJ BoB: Moonbird vs. Seraphina

My first disappointment.  It's not that I didn't enjoy Seraphina.  I did.  I just really loved Moonbird.  That tireless little guy worked his way into my heart and just would not let it go.  I can't fault judge Marie Lu for giving this one to a strong female character coming to terms with her identity over a bird that flies really long distances.  I get it.  I just loved that little tufted whats-his-bucket.


And so, I couldn't help it.  I had to choose this song to send Moonbird off.  I contemplated Free Bird, but I didn't think it was as "on message" when a) "and this bird you cannot change" does not hold true for this particularly amazing species that morphs itself into whatever the habitat and demands of the journey require and b) Lynrd Skynrd doesn't have a Vevo page where I can get the "official" video (I don't believe there is one).



We're getting to the end of Round 1.  Almost half of the books that entered this tournament have been knocked out, and after tomorrow a full half of them will be knocked out.  And just who will that lucky book be?  No Crystal Stair goes up against the formidable One and Only Ivan, and I'm betting that the judge won't waste too much time monkeying* around.  That's right.  I'm calling that One and Only Ivan will be the final title to advance to Round 2.

The LibrariYAn is an Amazon Associate. If you click from links on this blog to Amazon and buy something (anything!), I receive a small percentage of the purchase price.


No comments:

Post a Comment