Wednesday, March 20, 2013

SLJ BoB: Splendors and Glooms vs. Liar and Spy

I'm late! I'm late! For a very important post! Another correctly predicted match in the SLJ BoB.  Just like Taylor ham and cheese, I'm on a roll.  Whattup!?



That's right.  After counting up the many ways that she loved each book, judge Franny Billingsley chose the one her child self would have chosen: Splendors and Glooms.  Which, if you've read her book, Chime, makes a lot of sense.  They're both dark and magical, beautiful and haunting.

Sorry Liar and Spy.  You may be a sneaky peeker, but you did not win this round.  Still, we'll watch our backs knowing you're out there...waiting...watching...looking to come back.



I already gave a quick and dirty prediction for the Moonbird vs. Seraphina this morning, so I won't belabor that.  I chose Moonbird.   And I'll post about what the judge chose tomorrow morning.

The LibrariYAn is an Amazon Associate. If you click from links on this blog to Amazon and buy something (anything!), I receive a small percentage of the purchase price.

No comments:

Post a Comment