Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Another One Bites the Dust...

In just a few hours it will be time to bid farewell to 2008 and ring in 2009. Many librarians throughout the blogosphere and beyond have put out their top ten lists, and while it's tempting to do so as well*, I feel like there are so many books that I haven't yet had the chance to read - Graceling, Madapple, either Octavian Nothing - that I just don't think I would do the list justice.

Instead, I thought I might look forward to 2009 and set some resolutions. And so, without further ado, I bring to you the LibrariYAn's 2009 resolutions:

1. Obtain a full-time library position.
2. Continue to blog at least 3-4 times per week.
3. Finish reading the list of 2009 Printz contenders I blogged about previously by the ALA Mid-Winter Conference (eeek!)
4. Keep up with 2009 releases as they are published, aided by my friend and fellow librarian Keri's website YA Lit, which keeps track of new releases, so I don't have to!
5. Become more involved in the YA lit world by attending conferences, reading blogs, and just generally putting myself out there.

Happy 2009!
*My list would include certainly include The Hunger Games, Paper Towns, and The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks

No comments:

Post a Comment