Sunday, January 18, 2009

One Last Post Before I Head to DC!


I've spent the past month reading as many "Printz Potentials" as possible before the January 26th announcement of medal and honor winners, and while I haven't gotten to all of the titles on my list, I did manage to put a decent dent in it, and I'm proud of my efforts. I'm headed to DC tomorrow morning for the inauguration of our 44th president (and not to brag, but yeah, I've got a ticket for an actual seat!), and I've packed a couple more titles in my suitcase that I hope I'll be able to polish off before the big announce.

All in all, it looks like the only titles I won't get a chance to read are M.T. Anderson's second installment of Octavian Nothing, Terry Pratchett's Nation, Judy Blundell's What I Saw and How I Lied and one or two others that are presently slipping my mind. I think that's pretty good for having condensed an entire year's worth of reading into a few short weeks. Of course, if any of those that I haven't read win, I'll still need to go and read them as part of my upcoming (and spontaneously named) Printz Project. Alas.

Anyway, I'll post on the 25th (probably) about my final predictions on what will medal/honor. Until then, I'm not sure I'll be getting in too many posts, but of course I'll do my best. So, if I don't post in the meantime, look for me on tv during the inauguration. I'll have on a hot pink snow hat and black down coat.*

*If anyone claims me in the midst of millions of people, I will conclude you have either a) amazing eagle eyes or, more likely b) a compulsion to lie.

1 comment: