Thursday, March 19, 2009

Twilight Zone: Twi Tour Coming to a Town Near You!

Now usually I don't do this (post just minutes after posting), but...


The Twi Tour is coming to my hometown of Parsippany, NJ, and I think that (aside from the whole Hunger Games movie) this is some of the best news I've heard all week!

Sure, the movie was fairly terrible, and the casting was off, (and the book itself not a literary accomplishment) but I can't help but feel a certain sense of giggly anticipation knowing that thousands of screaming teenagers will descend upon my hometown for two days at the of August. And while I don't see myself shelling out my hard-earned cash on any of the various photo opportunities or autograph signings, I might just have to spend $20 to get into the convention and take pictures of all the crazed Twi-hards (for blogging purposes only, of course).

And O.M.G., there's a Vampire Ball and costume competition! This just keeps getting better.

The good news is that by some miraculous circumstance, the actors coming to Parsippany's convention are actually the only ones who I felt were well-cast. No "stuttering and long pauses are how my character talks" Kristen Stewart. No "skinny kid who smokes, drinks, eats fish and chips, has never been to the gym, and hunches his shoulders, yet somehow is a hunky strong vampire" Robert Pattinson. Thank G-d. That would only bring pandemonium of the very bad sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment