Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Back to Life, Back to Reality

As I sit on the couch of our rented villa on Hilton Head Island, looking out at the palm trees and the way the sun glistens on the water, I can't shake the knowledge that summer is coming to a close. It's been a fantastical journey for me these past several months during the "Parade of Awesome," and I'm almost sad to see it end...but there are so many new exciting things happening this fall, it almost seems silly!

Here are the things I'm most looking forward to this fall:

1. Starting my new job as a middle school librarian (August 31)
2. The release of Catching Fire and Hate List (September 1)
3. The release of Liar, complete with a fabulous new cover (September 29)
4. My third wedding anniversary AND the release of Fire AND The Maze Runner (October 6)
5. KidLitCon 09, where I'll finally get to meet bloggers, like Charlotte, in person (October 17)
6. Having more time in my schedule to blog regularly
7. Looking into writing some "real" reviews
8. Getting some collaboration going with the folks at the Alexandria Public Library
9. Exploring Alexandria's Old Town
10. Receiving new ARCs and giving old ones away as prizes!

What are you looking forward to this fall?

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to all those book releases too! And congrats and good luck with the new job. I'm glad you're going to work with the public library-I wish our school librarian's were more open to that sometimes.

    ReplyDelete