Sunday, September 20, 2009

Welcome, KidLitCon '09 Attendees!

I am the first person to admit that I'm not very good at keeping up with goings-on in the blogosphere. For instance, last week was Book Blogger Appreciation Week (BBAW) and I had no clue until I started seeing all these posts about it coming up in my reader. But I'm trying to be better about that...

One blogger event that I am definitely NOT missing out on, however, is KidLitCon '09, which is happening (almost) in my (new) backyard at the Crystal City Sheraton just outside D.C. In just under a month I will partake in my first official blogger event, and I must say that I'm pretty excited. After a tremendously busy summer that took me all over the place and now settling into my new position as a middle school librarian, I've kind of let the blog go a bit, posting about once a week. As the conference nears, I'm feeling a little guilty about that, but also inspired to post more and increasingly pumped to see what I can learn from other bloggers.

So, if you're an attendee stopping by for a visit, welcome! Please feel free to look around and leave a comment so I know you stopped by, and I look forward to meeting you in person in October.

1 comment:

  1. You'll be in great hands with Pam, who runs MotherReader! Everyone loves these conferences. I'd been hoping to go this year, but, unfortunately, cannot. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete