Wednesday, September 23, 2009

See You at the Festival?

I started this post about a week ago, but then there was Back to School Night and that pesky little thing called life. But I digress...

Ever since it began back in 2001, I've wanted to attend the National Book Festival, held on the National Mall. This year, being a newly arrived resident of the DC metro area, and having a fairly free weekend (miracle above miracles!) I will actually get to go. And darn that rain, it will not stop me!

I'm leaving in just a few minutes, armed with books from our school library for signing. Here's a short list of the authors I'm excited to meet and (hopefully!) have sign our books:

Rick Riordan
Kate DiCamillo
James Patterson
Jeff Kinney
Lois Lowry
Tony DiTerlizzi/Holly Black
Jacqueline Woodson
Shannon Hale

I also might swing over to the Mystery tent for Mary Jane Clark, a favorite author of my mother's, because I'm just that kind of a daughter.

Hope to see you there!

1 comment: