So many fun and exciting things have happened in the year since I began this blog, and I'm ever so grateful. I had no idea where this blog would take me, and sometimes I haven't been the best at posting (See this week's non-existent Nonfiction Monday post), but it's been great! In the year since I started this blog I've...
- earned my MLIS.
- begun my first full-time library position, working at a middle school with the best readers around*.
- met other bloggers face-to-face at KidLitCon.
- been able to read and review advance copies of books thanks to the generosity of publishers.
- gotten involved with the Cybils as a first-round judge for the Middle Grade/Young Adult Nonfiction category.
- and just plain enjoyed reading and blogging about YA lit!
All of which make me want to celebrate. It's my blogiversary, and thus YOU should get a present! So what say we have a little ARC giveaway? I've got:
Walter Dean Myer's upcoming Lockdown
Jon Skovron's upcoming Struts & Frets
or Rosalind Wiseman's upcoming Boys, Girls and Other Hazardous Materials
You want one? Wish me a happy blogiversary in the comments and let me know your ARC preference. I'll pick three winners at random.
* Proof: Today, an eighth grade boy came to return a book and said "This book was so good! I usually don't like books - especially books that I get from the library for school - but this was so good. Thank you for recommending it!" (book in question is Deuker's Runner). Minutes later, a seventh grade girl comes to me and asks for a recommendation, saying "So far, I've loved every book you've told me about, so I've decided I'm just going to read books that you recommend." So precious.
The LibrariYAn is an Amazon Associate. If you click from links on this blog to Amazon and buy something (anything!), I receive a small percentage of the purchase price.