Thursday, November 4, 2010

Breaking News: Teens Still Reading

I know, I know.  I'm flabbergasted at this myself.  In a ground-breaking, completely anecdotal study, the Washington Post has found that teenagers still read.

With the astounding success of series including Harry Potter, Twilight and The Hunger Games and the bounty of YA releases flooding the market, I kind of thought it was obvious teens were reading.  It's entirely feasible that as a middle school librarian whose life is nothing but tween and teen literature, my perceptions are skewed, but I thought this was a given.

Still, I guess it can't hurt anything to share the fact that teens are reading with a larger audience, right? Right.

So, keep up the good work, teens.  I know what good readers you are, and now, so does the readership of the Washington Post!


The LibrariYAn is an Amazon Associate. If you click from links on this blog to Amazon and buy something (anything!), I receive a small percentage of the purchase price.

No comments:

Post a Comment