Friday, April 22, 2011

Bedtime Stories...

I know this blog is about YA literature, but hear me out on this one.  My brother, a father of three, told me today about a great children's book.  It probably won't win the Caldecott (or any other awards for that matter), but it is an absolutely perfect book to read to that restless toddler who just wants you read "one more book"...

Go the Fuck to Sleep 

A sample verse:

The cats nestle close to their kittens now.
The lambs have laid down with the sheep.
You're cozy and warm in your bed, my dear
Please go the fuck to sleep.

Author Adam Mansbach has really outdone himself with his latest title, Go the F*ck to Sleep.

And now, as my mother used to tell me after we finished up our prayers and she tucked me into bed...Goodnight! Sleep tight! Don't let the bedbugs bite!


The LibrariYAn is an Amazon Associate. If you click from links on this blog to Amazon and buy something (anything!), I receive a small percentage of the purchase price.

No comments:

Post a Comment