Friday, April 8, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

Barnes & Noble NOOK Color eBook TabletToday marks the start of the LibrariYAn's thirty-first year on earth.  I'm celebrating turning thirty-one-wonderful the best way I know how: friends, pizza, ice cream cake and board games (and perchance some adult beverages).  Lucky for me, the LibrariMAn (aka my husband) showered me with some spectacular gifts, including a NOOKColor!  To go with it, I received a beautiful JAVOedge Cherry Blossom cover/case and a screen protector.
JAVOedge Cherry Blossom Book Case for the Barnes & Noble Nook Color (Cocoa) - Latest Generation
Being the good LibrariYAn that I am, I've already downloaded my first library ebook from Overdrive.   Even for a tech-savvy LibrariYAn, figuring out exactly what I needed to do to make it happen took a little bit of research, but once I understood what I needed to do, I had The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan* downloaded and was reading!

So quick! So easy! I think I'm in love with my ereader.

*Yes, I know, it's an awesome book, and I should've read it sooner, but alas, life and other books got in the way.  The important thing is that I'm reading it now.

The LibrariYAn is an Amazon Associate. If you click from links on this blog to Amazon and buy something (anything!), I receive a small percentage of the purchase price.

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed The Forest of Hands and Teeth, even though I don't read a lot of zombie books. But it left me with some itching questions...let me know what you think when you finish it.

    (Also, I love the cover art - the one with the girl whose hair is flying in the wind, with a Molly Bang-esque minimalist forest in the background.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have constant problems with patrons trying to download to Nooks from Overdrive. It's very frustrating - we want to offer more formats and ebooks, but it's not a user-friendly model AT ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer - I think my main problem with Overdrive was that it wasn't clear what I needed to download and onto what device it went. I knew I could use my Nook and also that Nooks ran Android. There was a "media console" for Android, so I figured I should download that onto my Nook. After my Nook wouldn't install the file I tried to figure out where I went wrong. Then I figured out (from reading one sentence on their site that was just promotional) that I needed to download something onto my computer first, and then transfer the book. This seemed foolish to me. If I can access the internet on my Nook, and download books to a phone, why can't I download library books straight to Nook? The world may never know.

    ReplyDelete