Thursday, September 27, 2012

Back in Business (Cards)

It's been pretty much crickets over here at LibrariYAn ever since summer/fall 2011.  [Insert excuses here.]

The point is, I de-prioritized blogging for a while, but I've decided to recommit.  I even have business cards!  It would be a sin to waste these beauties.  Just look at them:

The gorgeous, full-color front.
The understated and timeless black & white back.
Whenever I go to conferences or other professional gatherings, I always have a bunch of people ask for my card.  And I never have anything to give them.  So I decided to take matters into my own hands and whip a little something on VistaPrint.  Once upon a time (back when I had time aplenty for blogging and a different address), I ordered FREE (plus shipping) business cards from them.  You don't get a ton of options, but what they offer is completely serviceable and professional-looking.  I intended to do the same this time, listing just my school information on the card.  Then I found myself wanting to have more options in terms of design.

And then I kinda went a little crazy and pretty much took them up on all of the options they offered.  Which wound up costing a few dollars.  Which made me think that since I was spending my own money, I should add my blog information.  Which made it cost a few more dollars.

What's a librarian with flashy new LibrariYAn business cards to do? Might as well blog!

The LibrariYAn is an Amazon Associate. If you click from links on this blog to Amazon and buy something (anything!), I receive a small percentage of the purchase price.

1 comment: