Tuesday, October 9, 2012

100 Book Covers to Fight Illiteracy

100 graphic designers. 28 countries. 1 great cause: fighting illiteracy.

Check out these posters that feature redesigned book covers for "The 100 Greatest Novels of All Time." Proceeds from the sale of the posters (35 euro each, plus a flat shipping fee of 15 euro per order) benefit UNESCO.

I think that the Moby Dick poster is my favorite visually:

021

Of course, I haven't read Moby Dick, so I wouldn't buy it.  I do enjoy the Alice in Wonderland poster's illustrations,  the simple yet moody redesign of The Catcher in the Rye and the stark black and white on the To Kill a Mockingbird posters.

024 061 073

Which one is your favorite?

The LibrariYAn is an Amazon Associate. If you click from links on this blog to Amazon and buy something (anything!), I receive a small percentage of the purchase price.

3 comments:

  1. I like Dr. Jeyll and Mr. Hyde, Huckleberry Finn, and The BFG.

    The 1984 one makes me dizzy.

    Northern Lights is neat too, although the eyes are a little too freaky...

    ReplyDelete
  2. (also, blogger's new captchas (pictures of numbers) are almost impossible to decode!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. How did I miss the BFG? Love it!

    ReplyDelete