Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Trailer Tuesday: The Maze Runner by James Dashner

The Maze Runner by James Dashner

Once a month I do book talks with my 7th graders.  I usually choose 12-14 books to talk about and discuss half the books with the first class and the other half the books with the second class (and repeat for classes three and four).  For a gal who doesn't usually spend her day talking for 45 consecutive minutes, doing this 4-6 times is vocally exhausting.  To save my voice, keep the kids attentive and expose them to something new, I try mix in at least one book trailer.  Lots of publishers create professionally-made book trailers to promote their new releases (just like a movie!).  But publishers aren't the only folks who create trailers.  Fans do too!  Below is one of my favorite fan-made book trailers for James Dashner's The Maze Runner.  I love it both for the high-quality of the video and also because it builds suspense, giving you a sense of what to expect when you read.



I can't tell you how many students have checked out the book after watching this trailer.  I don't think the Maze Runner has stayed checked-in for more than a few days since I bought two copies of it upon release a few years ago.  And now that the trilogy is complete (sequels The Scorch Trials and The Death Cure round out the series) and the prequel (The Kill Order) hit shelves in August, there are plenty of pages to read and enjoy!

The LibrariYAn is an Amazon Associate. If you click from links on this blog to Amazon and buy something (anything!), I receive a small percentage of the purchase price.

No comments:

Post a Comment