Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Trailer Tuesday: The Monstrumologist

Tomorrow is Halloween!  I've prepped by watching Halloween (naturally), picking up some delicious single-serve bags of kettle corn for the trick-or-treaters and ordering (though not yet receiving!) some pieces for my costume off of Amazon.  One thing I haven't done is read a scary book.  Though I totally should.  And so should you!

Might I recommend Rick Yancey's The Monstumologist?  It's so goosebumpingly good.  And yes, I'll admit that since I usually get my reading in at night just before bed, I stayed up really late one night to finish it, just so that I didn't have to read it in the creepy dark for one more night.  Whenever students tell me they are looking for a scary book, this one is at the top of my list*.

The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey





What scary books are your favorites?

* The list also traditionally includes Alvin Schwartz' Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark and Joseph Bruchac's Skeleton Man.

The LibrariYAn is an Amazon Associate. If you click from links on this blog to Amazon and buy something (anything!), I receive a small percentage of the purchase price.

No comments:

Post a Comment