Monday, November 12, 2012

Edgy YA Novel to Film Adaptations

Flavorwire has kindly put together a list of 10 YA Novel to Film Adaptations That Kept Their Edge.  I personally wasn't fond of all the changes to Nick & Nora, but what can you do?

And holy moly!  I saw The Perks of Being a Wallflower over the weekend*.  It was amazing.  Stephen Chbosky's screenplay did not let me down.  Go see it!  You will be depressed for a few hours afterwards and need to talk to friends and tell them how much you care about them.  And then you will become wise and tell friends who are in crappy relationships that "we accept the love we think we deserve." And they will think you are deep and knowledgeable.  Because you are.

*Why yes, my friend and I did decide to make a mix tape (CD/iTunes playlist) of Charlie's music AND to read/re-read all of the books on his reading list as our personal summer reading project, thankyouverymuch! 

The LibrariYAn is an Amazon Associate. If you click from links on this blog to Amazon and buy something (anything!), I receive a small percentage of the purchase price.

2 comments:

  1. I wondered how true to the book the film would be. I'm not sure I want to be depressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not a bad depressed! It's a, "Gee, I love and miss my friends" kind of depressed. I called a close friend from high school on my way back from the movie and chatted about the movie (we've both read the book) and caught up with her, and then I felt super happy!

    ReplyDelete