Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Trailer Tuesday: Reached by Ally Condie

I'm not usually the girl who has it all together and plans ahead to show the trailer of a long-anticipated final book in a trilogy.  But I'm that girl today!  Aw yeah.

I really enjoyed Matched.  Crossed was a bit laggy and wandery (as middle books can be), but still left me willing and eager for the conclusion.  And today (pending the arrival of our Amazon shipment) we have it!

Reached by Ally Condie





There will be a hold list for this one.  And something tells me Matched and Crossed will be checked out for the foreseeable future as well.  Ooh, and my students love the trailer for Matched and always ask to see it again, even though they've read the book and seen the trailer multiple times.  I love that the purposefully patchy audio gets the kids who haven't read it mad, because they think something is wrong with the trailer, and I always have to explain that it's supposed to be like that.  And then we watch it again!

The LibrariYAn is an Amazon Associate. If you click from links on this blog to Amazon and buy something (anything!), I receive a small percentage of the purchase price.

3 comments:

  1. I just reviewed Reached! Kristie asked me for no spoilers, so none here (and Kristie, if you're reading this, the ARC's coming to you soon). But, ooh! The three covers are green, blue, and red, colors that're important in the story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh. Before you said it, I hasn't realized that the colors of the books matched with the colors of the pills (I don't think that's too spoiler-y, is it?). The assistant librarian took home our copy of Reached, so I'm going to have to wait a little bit before I can get my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took me a while to realize that too.

    ReplyDelete