Tuesday, December 4, 2012

YALSA Award for Excellence in Nonfiction: 2013 Finalists!

Wahoo!  Today (at least, I think it happened today) YALSA announced the finalists for the 2013 YALSA Award for Excellence in Nonfiction!

And they are...




Titanic: Voices From the Disaster by Deborah Hopkinson

Bomb: The Race to Build--and Steal--the World's Most Dangerous Weapon by Steve Sheinkin

Moonbird: A Year on the Wind with the Great Survivor B95 by Phillip Hoose

Steve Jobs: The Man Who Thought Different by Karen Blumenthal

We've Got a Job: The 1963 Birmingham Children's March by Cynthia Levinson

What a strong list of finalists.  It really was a good year for nonfiction.  I read and enjoyed all of these titles, but I think I probably like Bomb the best, as you could probably tell from my gushing review.  And of course, seeing the finalist list reminds me that I have some good books to review for upcoming Nonfiction Mondays.

The LibrariYAn is an Amazon Associate. If you click from links on this blog to Amazon and buy something (anything!), I receive a small percentage of the purchase price.

No comments:

Post a Comment