Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 Reading and Blogging Resolutions

Happy New Year!  It feels like only yesterday that I was heading back from London, re-energized and ready to re-begin my blogging adventures.  And now it's January 2013.  My how time flies when you're having fun.

The new year holds changes in store for LibrariYAn, but it's not because I'm particularly resolution-y or feeling like it is time for a change.  Rather, since I will be serving on the YALSA 2014 Best Fiction For Young Adults committee starting on February 1st, changes must come.  I have no idea how my committee reading schedule will effect my blog reading and writing schedule, so there's also a chance that I will flake on posting.  I'm going to try my best to keep posting daily Monday-Friday, but that remains to be seen.  I hope no one is disappointed.  I'm already feeling guilty.

If you have any suggestions for things you'd like to see, let me know!  I know that people are reading,* so don't be afraid to tell me what you think I should write about.

But this post is called "2013 Reading Resolutions," so I suppose I can't just slack off and say I'll "try" things.  I must resolve to do them.  So here it is:

In 2013, I resolve to:

  • Keep reading nonfiction and post a Nonfiction Monday review at minimum every other week
  • Read and review more graphic novels and middle grade fiction
  • Stay on top of celebrating new releases by posting trailers on release days
  • Give away ARCs when possible (as I'm likely to have a lot from my committee work)
  • Report on YA book news, including book challenges and book to movie updates
My hope is that even if I'm not reviewing new releases in YA fiction, you'll still want to stick around.  Please do!


*Even if Jill is pretty much the only person commenting!

The LibrariYAn is an Amazon Associate. If you click from links on this blog to Amazon and buy something (anything!), I receive a small percentage of the purchase price.

No comments:

Post a Comment