Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Blogs to Watch: Nerdy Book Club and YA Reading List

It's probably not surprising that in addition to writing a blog, one of the things I love to do is read blogs.  There are probably thousands upon thousands of blogs out there, and hundreds of them focus on books for teens and children.  One of the things I struggle with is finding the good ones.  That's why I thought it might be fun if I took a post every now and then to highlight some of the blogs I read.

Here are two blogs that I just came across over the holiday break that I'm digging:

Nerdy Book Club
This fun little blog that covers middle grade and young adult fiction is maintained by three teachers, with guest posts from a variety of "books nerds," including librarians, authors and folks that just love reading.  What drew me to the blog was the Nerdies! I love debating the merits of books and then voting about which are the best.

YA Reading List
A couple years back I had the honor of serving on a Cybils committee with Jennie, who blogs at YA Reading List and Biblio File (and also, apparently, some other blogs too!).  YA Reading List is a new venture for her in 2013, and it's exactly what the name would lead you to think it is: a blog with daily themed reading lists!  What a great resource for readers and also librarians who are looking to create displays and recommend titles for patrons with specific tastes.

The LibrariYAn is an Amazon Associate. If you click from links on this blog to Amazon and buy something (anything!), I receive a small percentage of the purchase price.

No comments:

Post a Comment