Monday, December 31, 2012

Best of 2012: LibrariYAn's Favorites

I usually post just a nonfiction review on Monday, but with the impending new year, I thought I should add my own "Best of 2012" list.  Today is the last day of 2012, and it's been a pretty good year for the LibrariYAn.  Among my most exciting bookish happenings were:

- traveling to London for the 33rd IBBY Congress and several days of touring literary sites.
- rolling out my new business cards (that I was inspired to design after my return from England)
- committing to (and following through with) blogging Monday-Friday
- being asked to serve on the 2014 YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults committee (squeee!)
- reading 101* books (though I'll have to do better than that next year for the committee)

Of all the books I read, here are my favorites of 2012:

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
The Diviners by Libba Bray
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M. Danforth
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
Bomb: The Race to Build - and Steal - the World's Most Dangerous Weapon by Steve Sheinkin
Wonder by R.J. Palacio
Me, Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour

I have high hopes to see some of them recognized at the upcoming Youth Media Awards, but one never knows how things will shake out.  Both The Fault in Our Stars and Wonder came out so early in the year and have had so much buzz around them that I worry it could work against them.  And I haven't even yet had a chance to read some of the other titles folks are excited about, like Seraphina, The Brides of Rollrock Island, Three Times Lucky and Starry River of the Sky.  Maybe I'll get to (some of) them before it's back to work on January 7th.

Enough about me.  What were your favorite books of 2012?

*Mayhaps even 102 books by the end of the day!

The LibrariYAn is an Amazon Associate. If you click from links on this blog to Amazon and buy something (anything!), I receive a small percentage of the purchase price.

No comments:

Post a Comment